Why are you considering this product?
- What institutional problem are you trying to solve?
- Is there another faculty/unit within Western with the same problem? If 'yes' have you spoken with them?
- Is there a Western solution available? If 'yes' why does that solution not meet your needs?
Check if the software applications are already available through Western. Software lists available from (some) department/faculties:
What information will be used, put in-transit or stored? Does the information include any of the following?
- Personal information
- Personal health information
- Financial information
- Intellectual property
- Information related to controlled goods
- Information subject to confidentiality obligations or other sensitive information?
If none of these types of information will be used – proceed to next question.
Will this product use information that currently exists on Western's IT systems?
- Will the users need to identify themselves as a Western or affiliate employee/student
- Will the product require information from one of Western or affiliates core systems
If the answer is 'no', proceed to the next question.
If the answer is 'yes', contact Information Security Officer for further assistance.
What is the TOTAL purchase price of the software or service?
- Less than $10,000
- Greater than $10,000
How critical is the software or service?
- What will happen if the software becomes unavailable
- How many people will be affected by it?
If the software or service is critical and/or if a large number of faculty, staff or students will be affected if it becomes unavailable, ask the vendor for a Service Level Agreement.
Will you be accepting payments through this software of service? (yes/no)
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.